- You can be picked up at any time to be taken to the to the Dujiangyan Panda Research centre.
- Take a tour of your home for the next few days. Please make sure you have your health certificate/letter with you. (See Further Info tab)
- After breakfast, you’ll go straight to the Panda enclosures.
- First up is helping the rangers to prepare the enclosures before feeding the Pandas themselves.
- The Pandas like to rest around lunchtime so you can relax, enjoy surroundings and learn more about the animals and how they are looked after.
- In the afternoon, you’ll help the rangers with their various activities. These include cleaning, feeding Pandas and preparing the Pandas’ evening meals.
- Bid a fond farewell to the pandas and be awarded a certificate for your efforts.
- After lunch, head on over to join your travel group at the hostel.
- Board the bullet train and start your travels around China. You will arrive in Xi’an at approx. 21:30, where you will meet your Adventure Leader and transfer to the hostel.
- Optional: Explore the Bell Drum Towers, Muslim Quarter and Great Mosque to learn about the history of the Silk Road, towers, mosque and some local legends.
- Optional: Bike Ride on Ming Dynasty City Walls. Please make sure you wear a helmet!
- Enjoy a dinner of local street foods at the Muslim Quarter. Relax after dinner by visiting the local Silk Road market nearby.
- Another bucket-list destination with a trip to see the infamous Terracotta warriors.
- Optional: Watch the Music & Lights show near the Big Goose Pagoda
- Board a private minivan to DengFeng, the closest village to the Shaolin Temple
- Arrive in DengFeng
- Optional: Kung Fu Lesson & Show at a local Children’s Home run by the Shaolin Temple where the monks teach these children to be Kungfu masters. All proceeds go directly to the Children’s Home.
- Dinner in the Guesthouse
- Mandarin lesson: Have your first Mandarin lesson!
- Optional: Visit the flagship of Kung Fu, The Shaolin Temple
- Optional: Hike to Dharma Cave, a spiritual spot for Buddhist pilgrims, and be rewarded by beautiful views of both the shrines/temples in the area and the views of the area
- Optional: Had enough of temples or kung-fu? Visit the Longmen Grottoes, a UNESCO world heritage site with over 100,000 carved Buddha’s
- Have a late lunch at the guesthouse then pack and check out
- Depart to Zhengzhou to board your train to Beijing
- Arrive at the train station and have some food before your train leaves
- Arrive Beijing and meet your next Adventure Leader. Transfer by minibus to the hostel. You won’t be staying the night here, so you won’t be able to get into rooms, but can use the shower rooms, and common areas to relax before heading to the Wall in the afternoon
- Mandarin lesson: Have your 2nd Mandarin Lesson
- It’s time for the Mandarin challenge! Use your freshly learned Mandarin to complete challenges around Beijing’s ancient streets and alleyways. The winning team earns a prize.
- Mandatory meal at a local farm to obtain permission to access the locals only sections of the unrestored Great Wall
- Hike on totally unrestored sections of the Wall before setting up camp on a deserted section of the wall to watch the sunset on one of the Wonders of the World (Please note, due to cold weather before end of April and after September, we stay in a guest house near the Wall instead of camping, but still return to the Wall to watch sunrise in the morning)
- Rise early for an unforgettable sunrise
- Return to Beijing.
- Optional: Go to the Temple of Heaven, the largest complex dedicated to heaven worship in the world and where ancient sacrifices were made to bring bountiful harvests
- Test your bargaining skills in the Fake Goods Market!
- Optional: A stunning Chinese Acrobatics Performance performed by young talents recruited from around China
- Enjoyed exclusively by royalty in ancient times, taste Beijing’s signature dish Peking Roast Duck
Post-trip night of Day 11 included in the tour.